See here for reference.
Although we are using mkdocs, and that does support markdown extensions, only use standard markdown, so these documents can be portable.
- Lists (both numbered and unnumbered)
- Fenced Code blocks (triple backtick)
- Command (single backtick)
- Emphasis (Bold, Italics, Underline, Strike-Through)
- Horizontal Rules (use headers instead) (if you do find a reason to use these, use
***and specify in the PR why it was needed)
- Tables (not standardized) (if you find a case to need these, feel free to do so in the PR)
- Other fancy elements
- Do not enforce a max width.
- Space after the # in a header before the text.
Table Of Contents
mkdocs only generates a Table of contents if you have one top level header.